Oct 28, 2018

Femme Fatale 7th Anniversary Trio swatches and reviews

Femme Fatale recently celebrated its seventh year of operation. Has it really been that long? I got into them shortly before their fourth anniversary. How time flies.


Every year a special trio is released to commemorate this achievement. Each trio is also themed. This year the polishes are inspired by the brain.
Not to be confused with these Brains

Since the trio will hit stockists in the very near future (if not already), I figured why not share my thoughts on them? Each swatch except for one are with glossy top coat and matte accents.

Aphantasia


"Pink UCC flakes, pink iridescent flakes, a milky white base,... and tons of silver holographic glitters." Aphantasia is the inability to conjure mental images.



Three words: Pink Mermaid Candy. This was the breakout hit from the get go. Everyone went crazy for this one. The hype's legit. If you love Mermaid Candy, you'll love this. I did three coats on its own to get maximum opacity. The shimmer helps disguise VNL. When I layered I only used one coat. Swatch is the only one without a matte accent nail. Instead I painted one coat over Cerebellum, which we shall discuss shortly.

Over Cirque Colors Momento Mori

Oh, and like Mermaid Candy I absolutely recommend slapping it over black. Lookit. That's some good shit right there! 

Cerebellum


"Mid-tone, cool rosy pink linear holographic with a bright golden flash." The cerebellum is a major part of the brain that aids in motor function. 

Not to be confused with this Sara Bellum
I love these soft pinks with gold shimmer that are coming out. They're cotton candy sweet to me. I used two coats here. 

Hypoxia


"Multichrome shifting from blue-purple through to red/gold at an angle over a murky green base colour." Hypoxia is oxygen deficiency to body parts, especially the brain.

Over Cirque Colors Momento Mori
I do not like this solo. This is three thin coats (my default painting style) and it's far too sheer. Look at my accent nail! Pair it with a darkbase for best results. Pictured above is one coat over black. 

I enjoyed this trio for the most part. Aphantasia is by far my favorite, with Cerebellum a close second. Hypoxia is the only dud in my book. It's workable; I just don't care for it personally. Still, 2/3 is pretty good for a trio only sold as a bundle, yeah? 

Femme Fatale's main storefront is here. This trio is discontinued on their main site but it'll arrive at stockists shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment