Oct 18, 2018

Magica de Spell nails

I'm always waffling between whether or not Magica de Spell or Flintheart Glomgold is my favorite Disney Duck villain. Probably Flintheart. But Magica's a super close second. Both are awesome.




I grew up with the old version of Ducktales like your average American 80s/90s kid. My mother will still occasionally say "The Druids!"in Scrooge McDuck's voice in reference to a tape that my brother and I watched the crap out of. It wasn't until college that I read the comics. I'm not as well versed in them as my Finnish friend, but I enjoy them (and her educating me) all the same.



Magica's design resembles her Disney Emoji Blitz appearance since it gave me an idea on how to minimize her style into one I could put on my nails. The raven isn't Poe, a Ducktales exclusive, but her comics companion Ratface. He was by far easier to do than Magica. I did a couple practice nails on my ÜberChic mat and ooh, those looked pitiful. These are far better.

Mickey or Donald? Mickey's certainly more iconic but I personally prefer Donald.

Items Used:
Base Polish: Sally Hansen Insta DrixCrayola in Purple Heart
Iridescent Glitter Topcoat: Deborah Lippmann Space Unicorn
Magica and Ratface: acrylic paint

No comments:

Post a Comment