Oct 8, 2018

Obligatory Jack O' Lantern nails

Ah, Jack O' Lanterns. One of the first symbols of Halloween one learns about. For that reason they are a popular source for nail art. It's one I always intended to do but didn't get around to doing until now.



My freehand still sucks so I decided to stamp the faces on. This was my first time using a What's Up Nails plate and I enjoyed it a lot. I'm sure I'll use it at least once more this month.

A rare Cindy hand shot
Surprisingly, that was easier said than done. The actual stamping went well. The tricky part was placement. My initial attempts were with a slim stamper and while it was perfect for the design size, my placement was way off. I just couldn't get them near the middle. After admitting defeat I replaced my mani on my left hand and restarted with a clear stamper to get a more precise placement. Much better.

Anyone else planning on doing Jack O' Lantern nails this year?

Items Used
Base Polish: Sinful Colors Sugar Pumpkin
Stamping Polish: Celestial CosmeticsxColor4Nails Onyx
Stamping Plate: What's Up Nails B023
Top/Base Coat: Vibrant Vinyls scented base and fast dry top coat in Galactic Unicorn

No comments:

Post a Comment