Oct 22, 2018

Mundo de Uñas stamping plates swatches and reviews

Greetings, y'all! You may know that Mundo de Uñas makes stamping polish, but did you know that it also offers stamping plates? I only recently found out myself. Guess I was more focused on what they're most famous for. There's an eclectic mix carried, from the usual lace and flowers to fandom plates. There are even NSFW ones if you're daring enough to wear them in public. They're just as cheap as the stamping polish- I paid $3.50 for each plate before a sale promo applied.



I managed to cut down my purchase to five plates. Trust me, it was difficult. They're all fandom related, but vary from Disney to Hello Kitty to Pokemon and Sailor Moon. If you want to see how they perform, read on.



Halloween

Sailor Moon 

Pokemon

Disney and Hello Kitty

Misc

Largest to smallest: Lina, Moyou London, MdU, ItGirl mini
In terms of size, they're about half the size of your average rectangular plate. Think Moyou London, Born Pretty, Bundle Monster. Their dimensions are 6X9 cm. Image size varies but the largest images on MdU plates are 1.7x2.1 cm. They arrived with no protective covering but did come in a flap envelope package. Definitely wipe them with acetone before beginning (which you should do anyway); I do not have a photo but when I cleaned them the cotton ball turned brown from residue.


They have a purple back that was not evenly applied. There are bubbles all over the back. For as cheap as they are, however, I'll let it slide. I just want to know if they worked.


They did, for the most part. I used a variety of stamping polishes and stampers. Cremes, holos, and metallics for the former and including clear ones, a cheap Pueen one that came in a stamping plate set, to my trusty old Creative Shop stamper for the latter. One, a Creative Shop Galaxy stamper, proved enough trouble that I had to switch to my standard Creative Shop stamper. Otherwise my stampers picked up.


The images they picked up were usually legible and crisp given all the fine lines on these plates. The parts that didn't pick up completely were usually from how I scraped or applied polish on the image. I highly advise to only scrape once with these- scrape twice and nothing will pick up. Negative images were tricky. I'm gonna need to play with those more.

I overall like these plates. Not my favorites that I've tried but they do work and are worth their price tag. Also can't hate that I'm getting images of my favorite things with these plates. They're gonna be fun doing reverse stamping with. Definitely check them out if you want plates different from what's usually offered.

No comments:

Post a Comment