Jan 14, 2019

Essie Valentines Day 2019 collection swatches and reviews

I was recently looking in the holiday section of my local Target when I noticed this Essie display. They had the cutest shrink wrap designs on the bottles! I grabbed all six immediately.


This limited edition collection is a mix of finishes. Half of the collection is glitter and most are toppers, however. The brushes are the new wider Essie brushes that were previously only found in Europe. I much prefer this brush to the older forms. I think the thinner brushes made the polishes streakier to me. Consequently I rarely bought Essie polishes.


All swatches include glossy top coat and matte top coated accent nails. All glitters are also over black and white to see how they look that way.


Crush and Blush



Very pale pink with red shimmer. Essie excels at sheers, and this is no exception. I wore three coats here, but I could wear one coat if I wanted because it's not streaky.



Galentine


A mix of baby pink, white, and metallic pink glitters and microglitters. Great distribution! This is one coat over black and white.



Sparkles between Us


A mix of hot pink and red glitters and microglitters. Similar to the other glitters, I did not have to dab or fish for glitters. Swipe and done. One coat over black and white.



You're So Cupid


A mix of pink, hot pink, and red glitters and microglitters. It's pretty similar color wise to Sparkles between Us. Great glitter distribution, though. One coat over black and white.




#essielove


Red pearl. I rarely enjoy pearlescent shades. Just too many brushstrokes. The brushstrokes aren't too bad in this case. Looks better in person (plus any bumps are from my swatching latex). It's a surprise favorite of mine! Two coats.



Roses are Red


Red glitter crelly. Think ruby slippers. Not original but beautiful all the same. Two coats.



Overall, this is a nice collection. It's more for collection purposes for me but I definitely see myself wearing a couple of these shades next month.

Heart!
Which one(s) are your favorite? As far as I know these are only available through Valentines Day so don't wait too long to grab these!

No comments:

Post a Comment