Oct 12, 2018

Femme Friday: In His House He Waits Dreaming (+ Comparison)

Greetings, y'all! I am continuing my Femme Friday series with one of my first polishes in my FF collection. It's the ever popular In His House He Waits Dreaming.




Originating from the Lovecraft collection, it is a brown jelly with teal microglitter and shimmer. It is the most popular shade in the collection, well loved and coveted enough to garner a re-release in 2017.



The color was something I had never seen before when I saw it. It was the polish that grabbed my attention towards Femme Fatale polish along with Glass Coffin and Pixy Light (which I wish to spotlight in the future). Despite the obvious Cthulhu inspiration, I associate the polish more with the Georgia barrier islands and trips I took there as a tween. I particularly recall how the waters resembled Coca-Cola in the right light to my amusement. In His House reminds me of precisely that memory.



When I received my first package of polish this was the first polish I opened. I was so astounded by how beautiful it was that I had to take pictures. Observe my awful photo skillz, even worse then haha. Needless to say, a love affair was born.



Before I go, I have a quick and dirty comparison of the 2015 version and the 2017 Re-release collection. Keep in mind that indie polishes vary more per batch than with mainstream brands as they are usually hand mixed.

2015 left, 2017 right

They look very similar in the bottle, but otherwise they're very different. The 2015 version (left) is far grittier and loaded with glitter. The 2017 version (right) is more color base based and the shimmer is more of a flash of color. Both beautiful polishes, don't get me wrong. But if you're looking for a certain version of the polish, be sure to specify which one you're looking for.

2 comments:

  1. Great post! This may have been in my first Femme Fatale purchase and I snagged it at Color4Nails, I'm so glad I did (and Stand in the Clouds)! Since I had the originals I didn't get the re-releases of those two (I probably would have if I had enough money, I don't know...). I've seen a comparison of Stands in the Clouds, but I don't think I've ever seen a comparison of this one. I think that she said that they would be a little different and that she did the best she could at trying to match them with the current ingredients. Thanks for sharing! <3

    Katie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah, I definitely understand that. Sophie did the best she could to duplicate them. I figured that it wouldn't hurt to show how they are for people that are curious or ISO it. I also have both the original and rerelease versions of Stand in the Clouds so I'll probably do that comparison too if I get to or rewear it.

      Delete