Oct 13, 2018

OPI Mrs O'Leary's BBQ

Another simple weekend mani. Cremes are wonderful for that. I've worn OPI cremes countless times before, but this is my first time using their Infinite Shine line. Probably fitting that I'm wearing a popular shade like Mrs O'Leary's BBQ as my first.




Mrs O'Leary's BBQ is a dark burgundy creme originally from the Chicago collection. It was long discontinued by the time I got into nail polish (and when MissHollyBerries touted her love for this polish). The older versions are "black label" (pre-3 free OPI) and cost a pretty penny when you do find them.

Picture from Polish Pick

This particular incarnation is from the recent Fan Favorites collection, an Infinite Shine exclusive collection of well loved discontinued shades like Japanese Rose Garden (which I own in black label), Peru-B-Ruby, and Vodka and Caviar. Oh, and this. In fact, this was the first color in the collection I was aware of, courtesy of MissHollyBerries's Instagram. Thanks, Holly!

The main thing I noticed when I applied this was the smell. It's strong, bordering on pungent. I'm borderline noseblind to regular OPI polish but this was different. Could be a pigment thing. Like how some blues are due to ultramarines. Actual formula was great, however. I used two coats here. I don't have the primer and topcoat in the Infinite Shine line but it worked just fine with my usual quick dry top coat outside of a slight smudge (and I'm positive that was a mistake on my part).


This isn't a color I normally wear but it's perfect for cooler weather. It's starting to chill in Georgia so I felt it was time to wear it. Between the morbid name and barbeque sauce color, I can see why it was so well loved.

(Quick rant, however- I'm disappointed that the Fan Favorites line only has reds, corally oranges, and a couple pinks. Would've loved to have had something like Creme de Menthe, Rainforest, or Blue Moon Lagoon in the line. Then again, if there was a budget friendly way to backup Teenage Dream I'd be totally fine with more pinks... What HTF or discontinued OPIs would you love to have or see in a Fan Favorites collection?)

No comments:

Post a Comment