Oct 29, 2018

Everything I Hauled from October's Polish Pickup

Greetings, y'all! Got another Polish Pickup haul to share!


Polish Pickup is a multi vendor shop that's open during the first weekend of the month. All polishes are exclusive to the shop. You can order as much as you want during its opening, although some items have caps placed on them. Domestic shipping is a flat $3.

By the way, every PPU is themed. This month's was villains.


Without further ado, let's see what I got!


First off, charms! Every month has a special charm. I got the ones from May, September, and October of this year. I really need to get a charm bracelet...


I also snagged a stamping plate. ItGirl LE105 contains a plethora of pop culture villains, including sci fi, comic, and video game ones. I'm particularly excited to use the Mario Bros designs in the future. Maybe add a little crown to the Boo to create King Boo?


Then there's this Lantern and Wren cleanup brush. I technically could've waited for this, as it's a permanent item. I need a good cleanup brush, however. I'm using the newer version of the ELF concealer brush for nail art cleanup (when I'm not using an ULTA nail polish remover pen for the average mani since they require much less cleanup). It works... barely. Also, it's not acetone resistant and will inevitably shed to hell in the future. Hoping that this will work better.


Finally, on the non nail polish end, I have this Cuticula duo. Both are new to their line, inspired by Mean Girls (Regina George, to be precise) and scented Black Raspberry Vanilla. One is a rose gold scattered microflake top coat called Wildest Dreams. China Glaze Fairy Dust is a favorite scattered holo top coat of mine so I'd love to see how a similar effect in rose gold is like on me. The other is a pink version of Cuticula's popular silk base coat dubbed Blush Base Coat. I'm always looking for a "my nails but better" sheer to wear when I'm not up to painting my nails so I'm hoping that this works.


Now we're on to the good stuff! (Just kidding, it's all good.) The first polish I'll focus on is Baroness X Sharks with Frickin Laser Beams. Described as "a navy (almost black) jelly base with violet to green shifting magnetic pigment, indigo UP sister pigment and a sprinkle of metallic silver pigment," its inspiration is Austin Powers's Doctor Evil and his desire for friggin' sharks with friggin' laser beams attached to their friggin' heads. He didn't get them in the first movie but he sure got them in the third one. And it was glorious, just like this polish.


Next is Colors by Llarowe's monthly offering, Fake Tan Man. The source of this polish is a cartoon of Donald Trump, who I definitely don't like. (That being said, despite finding him unstable, the only reason I don't want him impeached is because then we get Mike Pence as president, which I "DO NOT WANT" even more than Trump./political rambling) The actual polish is a political statement in lacquer form, as it is a "sheer orange base with billions and billions and billions of Pee (OG UP) particules and red to gold to green shifting flakes (an ode to the administration.)" The description alone is perfect. The cap was also increased after initially selling out with overpour proceeds going to RAINN, an organization dedicated to sexual abuse and rape victims. This is one politically charged polish. It's a pretty one to boot. I have unicorn pee polishes but none like this. Unlike Trump it'll be a pleasure to do business with.


Lollipop Posse Lacquer did another Spirited Away polish this month, creating Your Name Belongs to Me Now. Inspired by Yubaba, it is "a medium, navy-leaning blue that suspends red/green Aurora pigment, rust/red/green shifting multichrome shimmer, and holographic flakies. I'm a sucker for blues like these.


Final polish is a stamping polish that can be worn on its own. Moonflower Polish The Grand Admiral is a "bright cerulean blue creme with red shimmer, red-pink-gold aurora pigment, and gold, gunmetal, and red microflakes, with scattered holo." It's inspired by a Star Wars villain, Grand Admiral Thrawn. I've never consumed any material with the character in it but I am aware of who he is. The color is such a rich blue, one that instantly caught my eye. I can see myself both stamping with it and wearing it straight.

I'm excited for next month's PPU. Its theme is Badass Women! Storefront is opening again on Friday at 11 AM EST, so check it out and build your wishlist now!

No comments:

Post a Comment