Oct 1, 2018

Caramel Apple nails

Happy first day of October! I love fall in general and October the most out of the months of the year. Can't wait to do all sorts of Halloween themed manis this month! However, I'll start the month with a more general fall related look. Anyone up for caramel apples?


I was originally going to just wear Superchic Lacquer's Rotten to the Carameled Core since it is a thermal with a green to brown transition. The resulting caramel apple look was amazing. Sadly, my bottle is three years old and the thermal effect died. It had a long run at least.


I discovered that the thermal effect contributed to its opacity. While I initially wore three coats, I still had pronounced VNL. A fourth coat helped. I wish I could've applied more glitter but it had sunk badly to the bottom. I shook the bottle and placed it upside down between coats but that was the best I could get.


Since just wearing a thermal was a no go, I figured that I just make my own caramel. Instead of combining butter and sugar in a hot pan I mixed brown, peach, and yellow acrylic paint until it looked like caramel. It's a bit darker than I liked but I still like the effect.

Items Used:
Base Polish: Superchic Lacquer Rotten the Carameled Core
Caramel: acrylic paint
Base Coats: UNT Ready for Takeoff peel off base, Vibrant Vinyls base coat in Galactic Unicorn
Top Coat: Vibrant Vinyls Fast and Hard in Tough Cookie

No comments:

Post a Comment