Oct 16, 2018

Topic Tuesdays: Top Five Favorite Colors for Halloween

Greetings, y'all! Instagram's Topic Tuesdays has a new nail prompt today, asking nail polish addicts what their favorite colors for Halloween are. Here are mine, in no particular order.

1) Orange

Example: Sally Hansen Insta DrixCrayola Sunset Orange


 Orange is one of the quintessential Halloween colors. I especially love doing pumpkins with this color.

Sally Hansen Sunset Orange is also a quintessential orange. It's what I picture when I think "orange."

2) Green

Example: Sinful Colors Irish Green



Green can be used for many Halloween icons, including witches, Frankenstein's monster, and monster blood.

Sinful Colors Irish Green isn't my absolute favorite green by any means. However, this neon green has its use in nail art over white.

3) Black

Example: KBShimmer Dark and Twisty



Black is the other quintessential Halloween color. Black and orange is a classic festive combo.

KBShimmer Dark and Twisty is Oh, Splat!'s moodier cousin. It's not as cheery as that color, but it makes me smile all the same. It was made for a fall collection a few years ago, which makes it even more appropriate for the season.

4) Purple

Example: Sally Hansen Insta DrixCrayola Purple Heart



I don't use this color as often for the season as the others. That being said, it's great for a night sky look without being too dark and spooky.

Purple Heart is my kind of purple. For some reason I prefer blue toned purples over red toned purples.

5) Glow in the Dark

Example: Wet n Wild Fantasy Makers Glow in the Dark top coat


This isn't a color, per se. It's most appropriate for this time of year, though. I'm just bummed that my favorite, the Fantasy Makers one, appears to be discontinued. WTF, Wet n Wild. Come to think of it, their nail polish selection has turned to crap... Double bummer.

What are your favorite colors to wear for the Halloween season?

No comments:

Post a Comment