Oct 27, 2018

Halloween Colors ft Colores de Carol's Don't Look Behind You!

As I mentioned in my September Polish Pickup haul post, Colores de Carol's Don't Look Behind You! has a lot of layering potential. Halloween is next week so a holiday color mani was inevitable!




The base color is OPI Orange You Stylish! This was an European exclusive in the Coca-Cola Collection, representing Fanta. Much like how Orange Fanta differs across the pond, they got a different Orange Fanta themed polish. (For those that don't know, EU!Orange Fanta isn't artificially colored so it looks like fizzy orange juice. It also tastes less candy like than ours. Pretty good!) OPI is known for its reds but it also crafts fantastic oranges. I wore two coats here.


I much prefer this mani as a French tip style. That's how I prefer my thermals to begin with (it seems the most natural). When the cold state is fully activated I don't really care for it. Doesn't help that if you look closely, there is a gap of orange paint that I missed when applying to every nail as I was trying to avoid as much cleanup as possible. Warm state, however, I think it's cute! The "cold" free edge gives it a kick than a simple black glitter over orange lacks. Not that that's pretty. It's just pretty plain.

Colores de Carol is sold here. Polish Pickup runs the first weekend of every month.

No comments:

Post a Comment