Oct 3, 2018

Midnight Sophia Wax Warmer nails

A bunch of Yankee Candle fans look forward to new Boney Bunch collectibles every year. I look forward to the Sophia the Cat stuff. Fits into my love of black kitties. Last year's Midnight Sophia line particularly appealed to me. The tealight warmer from that collection is definitely my cutest warmer.


Given how much I love this warmer, it's a no brainer that I'd do nails based on it.




I used a few nail art techniques with this mani. This was the first time that I've ever done a radial gradient for starters. Besides sponging, there is stamping and freehand. Definitely need to improve on the freehand. Doesn't help that all of my small nail art brushes have stray hairs that make lines thicker than they should be. I can't decide if my cat looks like the one from Coraline or a mouse with a super thick tail. I do like how the stamping and gradients turn out, however.


(By the way, the moon is glow in the dark. I couldn't get a good quality photo but it does indeed glow.)

Items Used
Base Polishes: Color Club French Tip, Nvr Enuff Duchess, Hit the Bottle Purple Dragon
Black Polish: Cirque Colors Momento Mori
Stamping Plate: Ejiubas 04
Glow in the Dark Polish: Wet n Wild Fantasy Makers Glow in the Dark
Liquid Latex: Cuticula scented nail tape in Cotton Candy Frosted Cake
Base Coats: UNT Ready for Takeoff and Vibrant Vinyls Get a Grip scented base coat in Galactic Unicorn
Top Coat: Vibrant Vinyls You Matte-r scented top coat in Galactic Unicorn

No comments:

Post a Comment