Oct 11, 2018

Goosebumps Monster Blood

Being a 90s kid, Goosebumps was absolutely part of my childhood. The iconic book covers creeped me out, the famous TV show theme song haunted my ears, and there was a year where I read almost exclusively Goosebumps during DEAR time at school. You bet I watched that Jack Black movie that came out a few years ago. It was a nostalgia gold mine. Now that that movie is getting a sequel that's debuting this weekend, why not get covered in Monster Blood?




This is actually a redo of a mani that I did for the original Goosebumps movie. I liked the idea. It just looked slapped together. Which it totally was. I remember just using actual nail polish brushes for the the blood.

circa 2015
This time, I used a dotting tool for the blood drips. I first painted a white base and then painted Cirque Colors Cyber over it. Despite Cyber being present over the black on its own, I figured that it wouldn't hurt to give it a slight vibrancy boost.

On my left thumb I forewent the blood for something else...



Curly! Remember Curly? This is what he looks like now. He was the original franchise mascot. (I think Slappy is now? He's certainly the most iconic character.) Hopefully you could tell who he was from my crude depiction.
Obvious reference 
Did you read or watch Goosebumps growing up? What was your favorite? My favorite book was The Werewolf of Fever Swamp.

Items Used
Black Polish: Cirque Colors Momento Mori
Green Polish: Cirque Colors Cyber
White Polish: Color Club French Tip
Red Polish: OPI Red My Fortune Cookie
Pink Polish: Cirque Colors Socialite
Blue Polish: OPI Can't Find My Czechbook



No comments:

Post a Comment