Dec 7, 2018

Femme Friday: Unicorn Treasure Trove (with PINK version!)

I've been so excited to share this one. It is one of my top Femmes. You know that a polish is good when you're seeking a backup and its "oops" variation. Y'all, for me that is Unicorn Treasure Trove.




Unicorn Treasure Trove is a lavender holo with golden shimmer. It was in the original Hella Holo Customs trio back in January 2016. I missed the initial release as I wasn't a member of the group at the time. I knew, however, that she'd be mine. And that she became.

 
I can be ur angle or ur devil
Purples can bring out the yellow in my skin but this doesn't do that to me. It's the perfect lavender. I love wearing it on its own, I love wearing it stamped. Indeed, I've worn it with white and black stamping. Both the same design, yet they both give off different vibes. Which is your favorite?


Formula is wonderful. Only two coats are required. Distribution is perfect. I really can't ask for more.



In this case, however, I can. The initial release of UTT had some faders in the mix. Instead of a purple some people got pink polish! It's much rarer than the "true" hue. Never thought I'd get it. But I lucked out recently in a blog sale and she is mine as well!



I ultimately prefer the original, but the pink version has its own special attributes. I had to take a picture of it on the first coat as the first coat appeared so lovely against my skin tone. Formula was similar to the original as well.

Left: Original, Right: Pink
Which do you prefer? The original or pink? I do wish that the purple would be released again like Cry of the Red Sky was but I'm not holding my breath. At least there's always destashes.


2 comments:

  1. I like the drama of the black stamping, myself. Nice comparison of both versions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the original best - both are beautiful though!

    ReplyDelete