Dec 18, 2018

Topic Tuesdays: Favorite Christmas Polishes (+ Bonus Question)

Topic Tuesdays asked polish fans two questions on Instagram this week. I'm going to answer both.


The first question is of our favorite Christmas polishes. I'm a bit of a traditionalist when it comes to colors. Here are mine by color, both old and new. I'll do two for each color.



1) Red



Picks: Lilypad Lacquer Sandy Claws and Sally Hansen Red Carpet.

When it comes to reds, I love the glitzy ones this time of year. Lilypad Sandy Claws was from the same box as Femme Fatale Strings of Light and is a metallic red. It's a refreshing change from red cremes. Glittery reds are also high in season. I only have China Glaze Ruby Pumps in Gelaze form, but I do have the Sally Hansen version Red Carpet. It is one of my oldest polishes.

2) Green



Picks: Zoya Honor and China Glaze Grinchworthy

When it comes to Christmas, red and green go together.

Zoya Honor is a matte dark green polish. It's great both matte and topcoated. Just annoyed that it is a stainer. Double that base coat! CG Grinchworthy is the newest pick on this list. I'm really digging the Grinch collection and this is my favorite out of the bunch. It captures his pelt quite well.

3) White



Picks: OPI Kitty White and OPI Solitaire

As with reds, I prefer something other than cremes (except for nail art).

OPI Kitty White is sheer, but I love how it builds up. It is quite delicate looking on the nail. OPI Solitaire is a Liquid Sand. That was OPI's textured polish line. This one reminds me of snow. Be sure to wear under peel off base coat, however! Textured polishes are notoriously difficult to remove.

4) Gold



Picks: OPI Glitzerland and Deborah Lippmann Boom Boom Pow

I don't wear this color as much as the previous three. Still season appropriate. OPI Glitzerland is a gold metallic. Deborah Lippmann Boom Boom Bow is a gold glitter topper with real gold dust. Gold glitter is particularly pretty over red or white.

5) Misc


Pick: Starlight Polish Peppermints in the Parlor

I just wrote an entry on this particular polish. It's so perfect for the holidays that it's gonna be a new holiday tradition.



Finally, there was a bonus question asked this week. What polish would I give everyone if I was Santa? My first thought was China Glaze For Audrey because I love that polish so. However, I always answer with that one. I'll go with OPI Coca Cola Red this time.


Why? 1) Red is the polish color. 2) I'm from Georgia. 3) I love Coca Cola and this color perfectly captures the color of Coke cans. I have a backup of this one despite not being a red wearer. It's that good.

What are your Christmas picks? What polish would you give everyone if you could? Express yourself in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment