Dec 20, 2018

Everything I Hauled from December's Polish Pickup

Got my final Polish Pickup haul for 2018!


For those that don't know what Polish Pickup is, it is a multi indie vendor shop that runs the first weekend of the month. Exclusive nail polish and nail care items galore. I'm a kid in a candy store when I shop there.



Each month has a voted on theme. December's was Enchanted Forest. Let's see how polish makers interpreted that theme!



First up, charms! I finally obtained the June Video Game charm, as well as this month's. The charms usually can take awhile to sell out but everyone wanted a little unicorn this month! The unicorns came in white, black, or pink and were randomly selected. Obviously I obtained the pink one. I somehow received two June charms. Dunno if it's a mistake or if I ordered two without realizing it.


I was fortunate to grab the ItGirl plate this month. They always sell out fast and this one was particularly swift. IG LE106 has plenty of woodland critter designs. My favorite is definitely Bigfoot. If there was a whole plate dedicated to Cryptozoology I'd squeal in delight!


Cuter Cuticles's nail care scent this month sounded scrumptious. Smurfberry Merry, a blend of sugar, strawberry, and cereal, was inspired by the Smurfs, or to be precise the Smurf cereal from back in the 80s. I've never tried a rollerball applicator for cuticle oil so that'll be interesting. Also looking forward to trying the Barrier Butter for Winter since the chill wreaks havoc on my hands. Rough patches galore, gah. I just want to smurf the smurf out of the wind when it chaps!


Last but not least, we have a handful of polishes! Baroness X's Unicorns with Frickin Light Saber Horns is an "OG UP topper with magenta/copper/gold/green magnetic pigment, and a bit of holo." It is a sister polish to Sharks with Frickin Laser Beams, which I bought back in October, and is inspired by unicorns. Baroness X has some amazing creations and this is a beaut. My jaw dropped when I fished it out of the package. I'm glad that I have the sisters together.


We've got more Unicorn Pee with Colors by Llarowe's Roads Less Traveled. This is a "deep vampy burgundy red with green and gold shift with prismatic holo flakes and OG UP." Its inspiration was the store theme, Enchanted Forests. I have a tendency to wear burgundy under UP so it'll be nice to have a shortcut in application and to have flakies too.


Ethereal Lacquer Spellfrost is a "sheer periwinkle jelly with an array of iridescent flakes that shift red, copper, pink, and purple to green, violet blue and aqua with a prominent violet shimmering flow and a touch of holographic sparkles." The inspiration was "a frozen pine forest lit by an enchanting sunset swirling with light." Enchanting indeed. May I also say ethereal? I'll probably wear it over sheer colors.


Finally we've got Femme Fatale Amanita. It is FF's first magnetic polish! It is an "inky blue jelly with red iridescent flakes, red aurora shifting pigment, and green magnetic shift." Inspired by those mushrooms that are common in fairy tale illustrations (and are super deadly to eat!). Obviously I'm excited to get the first magnetic polish my favorite indie company offered. I'm also excited to play with it to see how the effect is. This has been a fantastic year for magnetic finishes.

2018 ended with a bang. Next month will be mythology. Definitely want Supermoon's werewolf polish!

No comments:

Post a Comment