Dec 16, 2018

Starlight Polish Peppermints in the Parlor

Better late than never. I intended to post this mani all this weekend but life got in the way. I've been excited to wear this in December since I got it in a destash a few months ago. Perfect for Christmas, am I right?



Starlight Peppermints in the Parlor was their contribution to the February 2018 Polish Pickup. It is simultaneously inspired by peppermint candies and a book called Peppermints in the Parlor.


The color is a "translucent white crelly with white and red shimmer, translucent flakes that flash silver and red, and opaque flakes in both red and white." I love peppermint candies (the stronger the better!). Always looked forward to standardized testing in school because we were given Brach's Star Brites to suck on as we filled in bubbles.


The polish captures the look of crushed peppermints in ice cream or milk perfectly. Creator Issa said that it may look pale pink in certain lights due to the shimmer and I agree. Gives it that added authenticity.


As it's a crelly, it's extremely sheer on the first coat. I do like it on one coat as a sheer polish. Gives my free edge a white-ish French look that I kinda dig. I wore two coats here. Next time I'll wear three coats to reduce the VNL more. Looks pretty regardless.

Are you a peppermint fan? Or does it just remind you of toothpaste?

No comments:

Post a Comment