Jan 22, 2019

Supermoon Lacquer Moon Healing Escalation

I didn't do much Black Friday shopping this past year. Definitely didn't do much of that "treat yo self" BF shopping either. Only bought one polish, and that was from the Supermoon Lacquer sale. There was only one Moon Healing Escalation for sale, and I had the fastest ninja fingers. I was amazed I was the lucky snagger, as owner Mardi called me!




It is described as "a pale purple lilac holographic base with blue, gold, purple, and red shimmer, red-to-gold and purple-to-red color shifting shimmer flakies, rainbow pearl flakies, holographic silver flakies, iridescent blue/purple microglitter, and holographic gold, pink, and silver microglitter." Moon Healing Escalation is named after the Sailor Moon attack of the same name.


This polish is an altered overpour of Supermoon's earlier Polish Pickup entry Moon Crystal Power. I adore Moon Crystal Power to the point that I own a backup. An altered backup of it was up my alley. I missed the initial release of it because of dinner, so when I saw that there was one bottle available for Black Friday I knew that it was probably my final chance to get it.


Why do I post about polishes that you can't just buy anymore? I feel like if you want to see what a polish looked like or maybe waffling over a polish in a destash then it's worth a look. I love seeing as many images of a polish as possible. Surely others are like me. I know what it feels like to look for a single, hell any, picture of an indie only to find nothing. So, if I'm wearing the polish then I'd like to share it.

Macro
Formula is great. It's a near one coater but you need that second coat for opacity. It's slightly thinner than the typical Super Moon (not that the typical Super Moon is so thick that they're unworkable; quite the opposite). Had no problem painting.

Left: Moon Crystal Power, Right: Moon Healing Escalation
Here is a comparison between Moon Healing Escalation and Moon Crystal Power. They're more kissing cousins versus sisters. Moon Healing is definitely more purple.


Finally, I decided at the last second to do a stamping mani. Took a couple minutes to decide on a plate but I eventually settled on a buffet style Moyou London plate. I think it's pretty cute!

Items Used:
Base Polish: Super Moon Lacquer Moon Healing Escalation
Stamping Polish: Hit the Bottle Drunk Tank Pink
Stamping Plate: Moyou London Zodiac 08 (Virgo)

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you were able to snag this last bottle and also very happy that you love it!

    ReplyDelete