Aug 24, 2018

Femme Friday: Mermaid Candy

Greetings, y'all! Every Friday I post about a Femme Fatale polish from my "vault." Today's Femme Friday spotlights a polish that is easily one of my favorite overall for 2018.



Mermaid Candy was the Femme Fatale polish for the February 2018 Polish Pickup. Its complex description states that it is "a mesmerizing sheer turquoise shine filled with aqua/pink ultra chameleon chrome flakes, blue to green shifting iridescent flakes, violet holographic micro shards and a smattering of radiating silver holographic glitters."

Femme Fatale Mermaid Candy, bottle macro
Words and pictures don't do this justice. I've spent a stupid amount of time watching the flakes dance and shift under different light sources. Creator Sophie always amazes me with the combos she comes with, and she knocked it out of the park and the city with this one.

Femme Fatale Mermaid Candy, macro
You can easily wear this on its own in three coats. You may get a slight bit of visible nail, but it's livable. The shimmer helps obscure it. Its true power, however, is revealed as a topper. When my first bottle arrived I just wanted to swatch it over everything. White, blues, it all looks great. Over black?

Femme Fatale Mermaid Candy over OPI Never Have Too Mani Friends
Over black... *swoons* Amazeballs. Yes, I just said that. The dark base amplifies the shine. Forget the flakies, it's the star of the show now. It's so multi dimensional. Is that a hint of purple I see? If you have this, try this. You'll love it. I guarantee it.

Femme Fatale's main storefront is here

No comments:

Post a Comment