Aug 10, 2018

Femme Friday: Femme Fatale A Fortune Teller's Charm

Greetings, y'all! Today's Femme Friday spotlights one of my favorite thermals from Femme Fatale, A Fortune Teller's Charm.

Femme Fatale A Fortune Teller's Charm

Released in the same After-Light Gala collection as Fields of Treasure, it is officially described as a "turquoise/clear to teal thermal with copper sheen, caramel and gold shimmer, and flecks." It has always given me beachy vibes as it manifests as more of a sandy to teal transition. Reminds me of waves crashing on the beach. I'm not even a beach girl (sand's too messy) and it brings a smile to my face.

Femme Fatale A Fortune Teller's Charm with stamping
It requires three coats but it's worth the effort. I always imagine beach or ocean themed manis with this. My first attempt, pictured above, is one of my favorite stamping manis. I used Moyou London's Fairytale 06 plate and stamped with Mundo de Unas black. (Fun fact: this is also one of the very first manis I ever posted to Instagram back in 2016.)

Femme Fatale A Fortune Teller's Charm, with stamping
For this year's "Fortune Teller" mani, I played with the wave crashing on the shore effect the polish gives by adding a wave design at my tips. I employed Born Pretty BP-23 and Rica Robins Egg Blue stamping polish for the task.

Femme Fatale thermals last a long time for me. This particular one is two years old and still kicking. Given that thermals have a life expectancy of six to twelve months, it's like a supercentenarian in polish years. This one still transitions at a decent speed according to my memory. Slower than when it was "fresh," yet still good for an old thermal. Maybe I'll have a transitioning mani in 2019? Even if it dies by then, its bottle state is a beauty.

No comments:

Post a Comment