Aug 3, 2018

Femme Friday: Femme Fatale Mermaiden's Adoration

Greetings, y'all! Happy Friday!

Along with this blog, I regularly share my manis on Instagram and on appropriate Facebook groups. Many of these manis are entirely or partially from Femme Fatale Cosmetics. I adore their makeup in general, but their polishes? Be still, my heart! They make up a good fifth or more of my polish stash. And I have a boatload of polish. Nothing beats a good Femme.

Since I have a lot of pictures and Femmes, I figured I do a sort of series on my older Femme Fatale manis. I'll post an old mani every Friday. Ergo, Femme Friday. For this series's first entry, I'll be focusing on a summery glitter topper called Mermaiden's Adoration.

Femme Fatale Mermaiden's Adoration over nude base, direct sunlight

Mermaiden's Adoration is a "vintage" Femme Fatale polish. Debuting in Winter 2014, it's housed in the old rectangular 12 mL bottle style. (Femmes from 2015 on are in a 9 mL square bottle.) It's a typical older indie style glitter bomb topper with a twist. Along with matte aqua glitters we've got sheer aqua circular glitters, iridescent glitters, gold micro glitters, and more. Busy, but gorgeous. I love how the inside of the bottle gives me under the sea vibes.

Femme Fatale Mermaiden's Adoration, bottle macro
I believe this topper would look best over pastels, blues, neutrals, or other "beachy" colors. When I first got it in a destash my first thought was to put it over a sandy nude color. This look was Mermaiden's Adoration gradient sponged over OPI's You're So Vain-illa. I love this combo. I've actually worn this same look for two summers straight. 

Femme Fatale Mermaiden's Adoration over OPI You're So Vain-illa, macro

Femme Fatale Mermaiden's Adoration over OPI You're So Vain-illa, macro
Anyone else think that a mermaid would wear this look? Mermaiden's Adoration is a perfect name for it. Like shimmery sea jewelry on your nails. Definitely hunt it down if it took your heart like a siren's song.

2 comments:

  1. this is beautiful!, love that you are doing a series with one of my top favorite brands too.

    Katie B.

    ReplyDelete