Aug 17, 2018

Femme Friday: Sunset Dreams of Ice Cream

It's been a hard week for me. Lots of personal issues. I just want to get moving over with. That'd take a lot of stress off my back.

Since I wore the orange toned Flamingo Feather all week, I figured that this week's Femme Friday would be another orange-ish summer themed polish. My first and only thought was Sunset Dreams of Ice Cream.

FF Sunset Dreams of Ice Cream


Sunset Dreams of Ice Cream was the polish Color of the Month for September 2015. Like other older COTMs it was only available on the Femme Fatale website for a 24 hour presale before it went to stockists. It is described as "a dark rose jelly base filled with golden glitters and shimmers, with neon pink accent." It looks and builds up very orange both in the bottle and on the nail. Only at the very tips of my free edge do I see a peach color.

FF Sunset Dreams of Ice Cream, bottle macro

FF Sunset Dreams of Ice Cream, nail macro
Since it's a jelly base, it is very sheer. It can take up to four coats to hide VNL. You might want to try sponging it on to see if it helps with building up opacity. That being said, it is also sheer enough that you can use it as a topper. The following swatches are two coats over white and orange.

FF Sunset Dreams of Ice Cream over orange and white
They look fine enough. The white shows off the jelly's pink tone the most. I personally prefer the look of "Sunset Dreams" on its own. Takes more coats but the results look "cleaner" to me. Still, it's nice to have it being a topper as an option if you like your polish to achieve more than one look.

Femme Fatale polish is primarily sold on the Femme Fatale Cosmetics website.

No comments:

Post a Comment