Aug 4, 2018

Every Polish I Hauled from July's Polish Pickup (except one)

And that sole exception is only omitted because it won't be coming my way for a good six to eight weeks. I waited until my other final orders from July's Polish Pickup arrived to write this, and I'm as giddy to see all these goodies as the day they arrived in my mailbox.

Polish Pickup logo
You may be asking yourself right now- what is Polish Pickup? Glad you asked. It's kinda like a Facebook group custom and an indie box fused together, only better. Every first weekend of the month, a whole bunch of nail polish artisans craft polishes, nail care items, and other items around a  theme voted on by group members and post them for sale on the Polish Pickup website. Some items have caps, others don't. Since it's not an indie box you can buy whatever you want while they're up for grabs. It's like a little indie polish candy store for a weekend and it's as amazing as it sounds. There's combined (domestic) shipping too!

There used to be non polish related items such as wax melts, makeup, and jewelry for sale too, but the sale front grew so massive that it was losing its main focus. Most Pickup customers still wanted these items, so non polish items are being spun off into its own Indie Pickup later this month.

Normally there is a monthly theme. Past themes include cocktails, old Hollywood, fandom, books, and space. The hosts of Polish Pickup took a well deserved break in July, however, so there was no pre-selected theme. Instead, the theme was "Rewind" where indie makers brought back their most popular or requested items for one month. Unlike previous months you had to go to the actual sellers instead of a convenient "all in one place" website.

My July 2018 Polish Pickup haul
...I may have gone a little bonkers with my spending.




Polish Pickup haul, swatch wheel

I got as many polishes that I missed as my wallet permitted. One was actually a backup of a polish I already owned. The rest are (or were) all new to me.

(By the way, the one that's not pictured is Super Moon Lacquer Hound of Hades.)

Femme Fatale Mermaid Candy
 First up, the back up. Femme Fatale Mermaid Candy from February 2018's Sugar Rush theme. Was this a surprise to anyone that knows me? I have like ten polishes that I own backups of and half of those are Femme Fatale polishes.

Femme Fatale Mermaid Candy, brush shot
It is officially described as "a mesmerising sheer turquoise shine filled with aqua/pink ultra chameleon chrome flakes, blue to green shifting iridescent flakes, violet holographic micro shards and a smattering of of radiating silver holographic glitters." Now that's a mouthful. All of this combines into a polish that doubles as an incredible topper and one that looks amazing on its own in three coats. I've swatched it over black and it's jaw dropping. Definitely have to wear that in the future.

Sayuri Strengite
Included with my Femme order was Sayuri Nail Lacquer's Strengite from January's Crystals and Gemstones theme. It is officially described as "a soft pink with pink/copper shimmer, orange/gold iridescent glitters, and chameleon flakes."

Sayuri Strengite, brush shot
It is too cute! Reminds me of a strawberry milkshake. I do low key wish that Konpeito returned so I could get a back up too, but I'm also glad that this returned. This was Sayuri's first Polish Pickup polish so not only was the cap low, but it also sold out fast. Can't wait to wear it in the winter or spring.

Jior Couture Cosmic Glazed 
The very first thing I ordered last month was Jior Couture's Cosmic Glazed. Also Sugar Rush themed, it is a teal to magenta multichrome with linear holo.

Jior Couture Cosmic Glazed, brush shot
There were two versions of Cosmic Glazed for sale last month. A component to the polish was discontinued, severely limiting the amount of possible polish made. A Cosmic Glazed 2.0 was developed that was very similar, only it brought out more teal. I snapped up one of the last original versions. I've already worn it as a mani, pictured here and recorded here to show off the shift.

Fair Maiden So Lazy, Can't Move
The very first thing that got me excited, meanwhile, was Fair Maiden's So Lazy, Can't Move. This polish from November's Fandom theme is Pusheen themed! As if that wasn't enough for me to want it! Helps that I also have a minor weakness for gray polishes.

Fair Maiden So Lazy, Can't Move
It's officially described as a *inhales* "light grey linear holographic with shimmer that shifts from magenta to copper to golden green, as well as silver holographic microfakes, iridescent chameleon glitter that shifts from red to gold to green and multichrome iridescent flakes that shift from berry to gold to blue to violet,"*exhales* Or, more briefly, "Kady thinks it's pretty and Kady likey." Look at that shimmer! Look at that holo! When I saw this beauty I had to have it. And now I do. It'll be a welcome inclusion in my winter wardrobe.

Nail Hoot Autumn Fire
A polish I'm looking forward to wearing during Fall is approriately from last September's Fall Foliage and Fun theme. It's also fittingly named Autumn Fire. This red beauty from Nail Hoot is officially described as "a stunning, bright, cherry red polish filled with pink, orange, and gold microflakies. It's like a fire dancing on your fingertips. A delicious looking fire."

Nail Hoot Autumn Fire, brush shot
Judging from my nail swatch it does look like a fire dancing on my fake finger tip after three coats. Delicious, however? Not unless you like the taste of chemicals. (Oh wait I like Diet Coke, does that count?)


Top Shelf Lacquer Caribbean Storm Cocktail
I've mentioned polishes that I want to wear for the winter, spring, and fall. What about summer? It's the current season after all!

Top Shelf Lacquer Caribbean Storm Cocktail
That's where Top Shelf Lacquer's Caribbean Storm Cocktail comes in. Debuting during July 2017's Cocktail theme, it's a "denim blue shimmer with a pink glass fleck and pink to gold to green color shifting flakes." I've never had an actual Caribbean Storm Cocktail* (or, admittedly, even heard of it until I spotted this polish), so I actually get more tropical storm vibes from this than I do boozy ones. Still will be fun wearing during the warmer months.

*please drink responsibly.

Vibrant Vinyls haul
That's all the color coats. I also bought a handful of base and top coats as well. I never tried Vibrant Vinyls before this and figured that since I had waffled on getting the top coat in Galactic Unicorn when it was last offered during April's Across the Universe theme, why not grab some items in it? If I hated the smell I could always destash them.

Vibrant Vinyls Fast and Hard fast dry top coat

Vibrant Vinyls Wet and Hard top coat, their non quick dry top coat
Good thing I like it a lot! Galactic Unicorn is a "fun, playful blend of bubblegum, fluffy cotton candy, juicy apples, and pears swirled together with sugared candy lemon drops and rounded out with a hint of Madagascar vanilla." One whiff and you'll instantly think "candy." I keep forgetting that it wasn't the Sugar Rush scent of the month.

I made two hauls. The first was of a Fast and Hard (hah) fast dry top coat, a cuticle remover, and a cuticle oil pen all in Galactic Unicorn plus a panda brush prop. I've used the cuticle remover once and it rid me of some stubborn excess cuticle. The cuticle oil pen hydrates quickly, while the fast dry top coat dries lightning fast and smells scrumptious. My HG top coat is currently Glisten and Glow's, but I'm enjoying this a lot. The scent also lingers after wearing both the oil and top coat for a good day or two. After being impressed with this haul I ordered a second top coat, a base coat, and a matte top coat in Galactic Unicorn along with a cuticle oil pen in Fruity Pebbles since I love Fruity Pebbles scents. Can never have too many nail items. Especially top coat. I go through that crap like water. My second order also came with a sticker, "Unicorn Poop" marshmallows, and a free soap. Sweet.

UPDATE: Whoops! Totally forgot another polish! The last polish I bought from this month's Pickup was Chaotic Glitz's Sailor Moon themed polish In the Name of the Moon!

Chaotic Glitz In the Name of the Moon
Debuting in the May 90s themed shop, it's a "bright teal jelly filled with indigo/purple/red/green aurora shimmer, scattered holo, and scattered clear and silver geo pigments (tiny glitters)." I was unable to buy anything during the May Pickup for financial reasons and this was one of the ones I missed.
Chaotic Glitz In the Name of the Moon, brush shot
I'm a huge lifelong Moonie. My very first indie cosmetics were Sailor Moon themed so it's natural that I wanted this polish. Loving the custom label sticker. There was also a Luna sticker included with every polish. Mine is a matching teal and will settle into its new home on my laptop lid very soon.

Another successful Polish Pickup haul! August is my birthday month so I may have gone even more out of control this month. That'll be fun to sort through. :D The current Musicals themed Polish Pickup is currently running through Monday, August 6th on 11:59 PM EDT. So if you have your eye on something, do it before then!

You can join Polish Pickup's Facebook group Polish Pickup Pack here. If you're interested, Indie Pickup's Facebook Group Indie Pickup Pack is here.


No comments:

Post a Comment