Aug 29, 2018

Cirque Colors Coronation

As I stated in my last post, I moved over the weekend. It's been so hectic that as much as I wanted to, I couldn't paint my nails. Couldn't even get around to at least slapping on a clear coat. To my relief I finally found time and space to do them. Before I sat down I'd long figured out which polish to commemorate as my first mani in this new house- Cirque Colors's Coronation.




Coronation is described as a "violet jelly with multi dimensional shimmer and delicate holo sparkle." It also "is made with special 'unicorn' pigments that give it a glowing magical shimmer that's unlike any conventional polish." Those aforementioned "unicorn" pigments are "unicorn pee" pigments that are no longer available for general purchase, making it extremely scarce. Occasionally an indie maker will get their mitts on some and make polishes that include it as a component or straight up toppers. Pretty much any polish featuring it will sell out quickly and have a dramatically jacked up price on the resell market. I've absolutely seen this happen with both incarnations of Coronation.



My bottle is a newer bottle, having been re-released in the Holiday 2017 collection after creator Annie apparently came across enough pigment to make some more. The original version debuted in 2013 as a collaboration between Cirque and jewelry designer Jeannie Vianney. The first bottles came with a rose gold ring resembling a crown. Very fitting. Also gorgeous. Obviously I don't have the OG Coronation but from what I can tell from online swatches 2013 and 2017 Coronation are virtually identical.



Formula is good for a jelly. Very sheer and patchy on first coat, but the second covered extremely well. I always forget how UP glows on the nail once it's on. It's just so unassuming in the bottle. I love seeing it change under different light angles, especially when I can get the green to come out and play. (I unfortunately couldn't capture the green shift, but trust me, it's there and it's so purdy.) One of those things that you have to see for (and on) yourself.

You can get a better view of the holo here
Given how rare UP is and how much Coronation goes for secondhand, I kept "saving" this for a special occasion. I figure that moving is a perfect situation. I am starting a new period of my life in a new place, after all. In lieu of a champagne bottle, here is a toast to my new home. The house is dead, long live the house.

Cirque Colors is sold here.

No comments:

Post a Comment