Aug 21, 2018

Topic Tuesdays: My First Instagram Nail Pic

I follow a nail prompt instagram called Topic Tuesdays. Their latest prompt was to share the first nail related pic you ever uploaded on Instagram. This is not only my first nail pic on Instagram, but also my first post on that site period. It was originally uploaded in March 2016.

*drumrolls*





Whoo. Whoooo. 

Look at my cuticles. Poor things needed some love and oil. This was also before I cleaned up my cuticles after painting (preferring to go with the old "eh, it'll just wash off in the shower" route). Liquid latex helps immensely with cleanup, true. It's just not the perfect janitor.

If I remember correctly, I just received my first Rica stamping polish, a white creme fittingly dubbed Whiteout, and was very excited to try it. Whiteout is still one of my favorite white stamping polishes. It even doubles as a regular polish!

I know for sure that this is one of the first photos I took with my homemade lightbox. The lighting here is awful (as it is with most of my photos to be honest), but I assure that it was a vast improvement from my earlier indoor photography. Those were literally the dark ages.

For anyone curious on stats:

Base polish: Sally Hansen Insta Dri I-Rush Luck
Stamping polish: Rica Whiteout
Stamping plate: Pueen Nature Lovers 02

For fun, this is my most recent stamping mani, which I posted here.


And a convenient side by side view:


As much as I'm harping on my 2016 mani, trust me, it's still vastly better than when I first began painting my nails in late 2012: 

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh
Well everyone's gotta start somewhere.

(Yeah, I really posted that online. You know that new indie polish excitement.)


No comments:

Post a Comment