Aug 28, 2018

Topic Tuesdays: Top 3 Favorite Finishes (and my favorite polishes in those finishes)

Well I had an eventful weekend. If you can avoid it, don't move on your birthday. 0/10 do not recommend. My birthday mani managed a day before it chipped to oblivion, so there's that. My poor nails are naked and I had to cut them to nubs from all the stress I put on them. I believe I'm finally settled in enough that I think I'll be able to paint my nails tonight. Can't wait.

Anyway, today (as of this writing) is Tuesday, which means that Topic Tuesdays has released their weekly nail related prompt on Instagram. This week's question is a two parter. Followers were asked their top three favorite nail polish finishes, as well as what their favorite polish was in each finish. This did take a little mind juggling to do, since I love a lot of nail polish finishes. Even the ones I'm split on, like jellies, I can enjoy if they have a good formula. But I do have some that I am more partial to, or have a lot in my collection, so here they are in no particular order.




1) Finish: Holo / Polish: Femme Fatale Unicorn Treasure Trove

Listen, I love rainbows. I was fingerpainting those things when I was two. Having a rainbow's worth of colors to choose from is one of my favorite things about polish. Getting to have rainbows dancing on my nails is top tier good stuff.



This was the hardest for me to pick polish wise. There are so many polishes I love with holo in them. After some consideration, one of my faves is Femme Fatale Unicorn Treasure Trove. It is one of the first polishes FF made for Hella Holo Customs/Hella Handmade Creations and is a pain in the ass to find secondhand. That's for good reason. Lookit! I ache for a backup of it (and to also get the original faded pink version).

2) Finish: Microglitter / Polish: Starrily Menchie the Cat

I'm a huge glitter fan to begin with, but there's something about microglitters I particularly adore. Glitter is a great addition to crellies, and as toppers. But microglitters allow you to have a blinged out full fledged nail in less effort than with a topper. I often don't even technically need to sponge it on if I wish (although I'll do it for maximum payoff).


One of the rare, wonderful times where the hype was real. Like a whole lot of other people, I'm a SimplyNailogical fan and I love it whenever I see her kitties. When I saw the original promo video for this, I just had to get my paws on it. Took a couple tries since it always sold out so quickly, but got it I did. Oohh sparkly! Glittery! Rainbow-y! Every single component is intense and it's just so purrfect.

(By the way, the picture above depicts one of two manis I've done that were based off this french tip design that Cristine came up with with the Menchie nail vinyls she made with Twinkled T. Pictured above is my second version, where I made the cat heads hot pink to turn them into "pussyhat" nails.

Also, Menchie's brother polish Zyler the Cat is just as magnificent. It's the exact same thing only perfect for fall.)

3) Finish: Creme / Polish: For Audrey

Sometimes the best things are the simplest. A good vanilla bean ice cream, for instance. Creme polishes are the same way for me. They may appear vanilla in a world of holos, flakies, and all sorts of unicorn things, but vanilla doesn't necessarily mean bad. Like how vanilla ice cream is a wonderful base for mix ins and other flavors, creme polishes are wonderful for not just quick manis but also as the basis for all sorts of nail art. When you need a mani to work, there's always vanilla.


China Glaze For Audrey is the perfect Tiffany Blue creme. It looks sophisticated despite not being a sheer pink or a red. The formula is also fantastic despite the crappy thin brush, except on my thumbs for some reason. When I found out that China Glaze included For Audrey in their Gelaze gel line, I put it on my Christmas list and then wore it soon after opening it Christmas Day. Both versions are among my most heavily worn polish. Not just for creme, not just for gel. For all my polishes. I'm honestly due for a second bottle of the RNP. The fill line is less than halfway down.

As I said, I love other finishes. Honorable mentions include thermals, glitter (crelly and topper), and magnetics.

What are your favorites?





No comments:

Post a Comment