Aug 31, 2018

Femme Friday: Glass Coffin

Time for the latest installment of my series where I showcase one of my Femme Fatale polishes! This week is one of my top three favorites from my favorite indie brand, Glass Coffin.



Glass Coffin came from the Snow White collection, which incidentally happens to be one of my favorite collections FF has put out. It is a blue (warm) to purple (cold) thermal with green shimmer. The transition is more subtle than your average thermal, but I still enjoy it all the same. I like to wear it the most during the warmer months but it looks good in winter as well. I usually need three coats for opacity, but have got away with two as my bottle has thickened with age and use.

Stamping mani I did in 2016
This was in my first Femme haul and is the first thermal polish I ever owned. Consequently, it is an extremely sentimental polish for me. I own few backups since I have so many polishes, but I had to have a backup of this. Interestingly, my original bottle's state leans towards the warm state while the backup (from a later batch)'s state is towards the cold.

Glass Coffin (warm) with China Glaze Fairy Dust on top
Since my original bottle is about three years old at this point, it's finally "dying." I think accidentally leaving it in my purse while it baked in a hot car finally made the transition give up the ghost, because it stays in the warm state under ice water etc. I love the warm state, however, so if that's the case then I'm glad that it's like that. I think it looks so pretty against my skintone. Now to see if my newer bottle still transitions...

Femme Fatale is sold here.

No comments:

Post a Comment