Sep 19, 2018

Scottie Stamping

This mani is the result of nostalgia and alma mater pride. As I mention in my about me page, I attended a women's college. Its name is Agnes Scott College, and its mascot is appropriately (and adorably) the Scottish Terrier.

Her name is Irvine, BTW.
I have a lot of great memories about college and miss it a lot. Occasionally I'll see something that reminds me of it. So when I saw the Scottie design on this dog themed plate that Bundle Monster had awhile ago, I had to have it. Today's design was already in my head.


ASC's school colors are purple and white. I omitted the white to focus on the purple. When I see purple, I think of ol' Agnes Scott. I had a little trouble getting the Scottie image to transfer on my clear stamper. It transferred fine enough except on the paws for some reason. That took a good bit of paint to do. I think I'm starting to run low on black stamping polish! Looks cute regardless. Scotties are one of my favorite breeds college or no. Gonna love seeing them on my nails for the next couple days.



Items used:
Base Polish: Nvr Enuff Duchess
Stamping Polish: Celestial CosmeticsxColor4Nails Onyx
Stamping Plate: Bundle Monster (now Maniology) BM-S160
Liquid Latex: Cuticula scented nail tape in Cotton Candy Frosted Cake
Base/Top Coat: Vibrant Vinyls Fast and Hard in Galactic Unicorn

What is (or was) your school's mascot? High school, college, graduate college, doesn't matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment