Sep 2, 2018

Wax Empties, August 2018 edition

I intend to use this blog primarily for nail polish. However, I am also a fan of wax melts. Like indie polish it can be difficult to find reviews or discussion of vendor wax scents online outside of Facebook groups. Every month on my Instagram I show my wax empties and I figured that I'd do mini reviews of the scents I used up last month. Despite what the pictures show I'll go by vendor in alphabetical order.






Bento Wax Co

Dem Barbershop Cookies- Barbershop (shaving cream blend) and Dem Store Cookies/Deku (frosted sugar cookies). Moderate throw, lasted roughly six hours. Would repurchase.

Fred's Birthday- "Fruity pebbles mixed with strawberry frosting and warm baked yellow cake." If you hadn't told me that there was strawberry in here I wouldn't have known. However, the dominant Fruity Pebbles scent is so pleasant. Moderate throw, lasted roughly six hours. Would repurchase. 

Candy Panda

3rd Planet- Pistachio Pudding Cake + Fruit Loops. I love PPC blends. I'm a bit burned out from Fruit Loops blends and it's the more dominant scent here. It throws decently and lasted a few hours in my 25W Glade warmer. Might repurchase.

Birthday Cake- Candy Panda, I love you but this was a dud. Light throw and smelled "off" to me. Would not repurchase

Rainbow Krispies- Fruity Pebbles + Rice Krispies. Yes, yes, yes! Definitely one of my faves from CP.  I always stock up when it's available. It has moderate throw and lasts at least 8 hours for me most of the time. Would always repurchase.

Rosegirls

Spearmint Smoothie Frosted Cupcake- Smells like spearmint gum. Super strong to the point of being obnoxious. Shame, because it smells great. Would not repurchase only because it gave me a headache.

Strawberry Buttercream- a rare dud from Rosegirls. I couldn't smell anything. Would not repurchase.

Strawberry Peeps Cake- RG Peeps Cake blends are always a good pick. It adds a creamy sweetness to every blend it's in. It throws strong and lasts for at least 12 hours for me. Would repurchase.

Watermelon Peppermint Ice Cream- Well that's different. The mingling of watermelon and peppermint is kinda odd to me. It did perform well, however. I'm just not sure I'd repurchase. I don't regret trying it out, however.

Scentsationals

Marrakesh- I honestly don't remember what this smelled like short that it was masculine. It was light in my bathroom plug in warmer but did last a few melts. Might repurchase for bathroom.

Sweet Sage Scents

Cookie Monster- Sugar Cookie, Vanilla Sugar Waffle Cone, Vanilla Bean Noel. This came in the cutest Cookie Monster head shape. It was slightly painful finally melting it, haha. Since it's a lighter scent I used it as a bedroom melt, and it worked great for that.

Vintage Chic Scents

Cream Cheese Frosting embeds with Cookie Monster overpour- Cream Cheese Frosting Sugar Cookies Sugar Cookie Dough Buttercream Frosting Sugar Milk. Yum, yum, yum! A lot of sugar cookie blends can smell like Play Doh to me but this isn't the case. Lighter throw but that is typical with sugar cookie blends. Have repurchased.

Monthly Favorites: Candy Panda Rainbow Krispies, Rosegirls Strawberry Peeps Cake, Vintage Chic Scents Cream Cheese Frosting embeds with Cookie Monster over pour.

No comments:

Post a Comment