Sep 15, 2018

Pokemon Nail Art ft OPI Hello Kitty polishes

Still on that nail art kick. I've always wanted to do a Pokemon mani or two, and finally got around to doing one this weekend.



I knew I wanted to do pokeballs, and that I also wanted to do Pikachu. Both are iconic in the Pokemon franchise. (Bonus: balls are easy to draw.) However, I was unsure how to place them, so I drew them out on paper. That's when I figured that I could do a nail just for Pikachu's tail. That is a big tail.



I used nearly all OPI polishes for this. All the OPIs are also from the same collection. The Hello Kitty collection was one of my favorites they've put out over the years. It is pink saturated, yes. But it still has some solid cremes. They are fantastic primaries for nail art, and you get adorable Hello Kitty wrapped caps too! Can't hate that!

The only thing the core HK collection is missing is a solid white. I almost used My Boyfriend Scales Walls but wanted a stark white. I don't own Alpine Snow, so Color Club French Tip was the obvious substitute. The hype for that polish is real- it is indeed a one coat wonder for me 99% of the time.


Given my lack of freehand skillz, I like how my Pikachu came out. Reminds me of the original "fat" version I grew up with. It's rough, but then again, so was Gen I. People still love it all the same. I know I sure do. 'Don't see why I can't think the same of my 'Chu.

Items used:
Base Polish: OPI My Pal Joey
Pikachu: OPI My Twin Mimmy, OPI 5 Apples Tall, OPI Never Have Too Mani Friends, Color Club French Tip
Pokeball: OPI 5 Apples Tall, OPI Never Have Too Mani Friends, Color Club French Tip
Base/Top Coat: Vibrant Vinyls in Galactic Unicorn

No comments:

Post a Comment