Sep 22, 2018

Chikorita Nails for Community Day

Today's the Autumn Equinox in the northern hemisphere, which means that Fall is officially here! Now it just needs to get colder...

Anyone play Pokemon Go? Every month the game hosts a "Community Day" around a certain pokemon which includes all sorts of bonuses from increased shiny drop rates to exclusive moves. This month's Community Day is for Chikorita. Gen II is my favorite game wise, and Chikorita was my starter in both Silver and Crystal. It was only natural that I wanted to do a mani for it.



Since it was the first day of Fall, I felt conflicted on whether or not to do shiny Chikorita. For the Poke-layman, this is regular Chikorita:


And this is shiny:



Eventually I decided:


And so, one side "summer," one side "fall."
Summer

Fall
I also decided to do some reverse stamp some leaves to further show the transition. I'm still working on my coloring so it's a little rough. Hardest part was actually waiting for them to dry, however. There's smudging on my pinky as a result. It could look worse, I suppose.

artificial light
As for my 'Ritas, it wasn't until after I did my "regular" Chikorita that I realized that the leaf was the wrong way from what I intended. Oh well. I think they were cuter pre-outline but I felt compelled to outline after doing the stamping. A "balance" thing. But they're still recognizable, right?

I see people on the Pokemon Go subreddit make cookies, charms, and other knick-knacks to commemorate a Community Day. Don't see too many manis on there. Maybe this will be the start of a tradition for me.

Items Used:
Base Polish: China Glaze Cutie Marks the Spot
Red: Sally Hansen Scarlet, Cirque Colors Red Hook
Orange: Sally Hansen Atomic Tangerine
Yellow: Sally Hansen Dandelion, OPI Meet a Boy as Cute as Can Be
(Other) Green: Sally Hansen Inchworm, Sally Hansen Granny Smith Apple, OPI I'm Sooo Swamped!
Brown: Cirque Colors Coffee Talk
White: Color Club French Tip
Stamping Polish: Cirque Colors Momento Mori
Stamping Plate: Pueen Nature Lover 01
Liquid Latex: Cuticula scented nail tape in Cotton Candy Frosted Cake
Base/Top Coat: Vibrant Vinyls in Galactic Unicorn

No comments:

Post a Comment