Sep 9, 2018

OPI Peru ULTA Exclusives swatches and reviews

Greetings, y'all! Today I have all three of OPI's Ulta exclusives for its Fall 2018 Peru collection.

(BTW, if you'd like to read my reviews on the Sally exclusives for this collection, click here.)

Like others online I was originally unimpressed with the Peru collection. The colors didn't gravitate towards me. Too many similar looking nudes, or the few colors it did have appeared too pastel for a fall collection. It has grown on me over time, with these three were particularly attractive to me. They are very "fall."



Formula was the same for all three; it is the standard OPI creme that one expects. All three only required two easy coats. I used matte top coat on my ring finger to show how they are matte.

Andean Culture Club




Taupe-ish gray creme. In some angles it's more brown and others it's more gray. Interesting color. Formula was the most middle of the road in a good way.

artificial light

Ayahuasca Made Me Do It



Dusty green creme. My personal favorite! It had the thinnest formula of the three, but still built up well. I didn't get the reference so I had to google it. Ayahuasca is a Shamanic brew in several South American indigenous cultures (including the Quechua) used in sacrament. Notably, it induces hallucinations. Yeah, I can see why they'd say that it made whoever do it.

artificial light

I Archaeologically Dig You




Peachy nude creme. Opacity was great on the first coat. It only barely required coat nĂºmero dos.

artificial light
I'm happy with this trio. I am annoyed with difficult it can be to find info on store exclusives so I hope that this helped y'all. My personal favorite color wise is Ayahuasca Made Me Do It, but Andean Culture Club is such an unusual color that I recommend at least giving it a look.

I got mine at my local Ulta but they are also online. If they do not show in stock, then they should be in stock soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment