Nov 2, 2018

Wax Empties, October 2018 Edition

Got s'more wax melt empties to share. I'll also be doing mini reviews in alphabetical order (both brand and wax name).





Bento Wax Co

Trick or Treat- candy corn, fresh cut strawberries, and toasted marshmallows. I mostly got Marshmallow Fireside out of this. Maybe some strawberry too. Throw was low but persisted for over eight hours. Would not repurchase.

Candy Panda

Apple Cider Donuts- I don't get much of a donut note but it's a sweet apple cider scent. I like this more aged. Throw was low medium. Perfect for rainy nights. Would repurchase.

Meet Me in the Woods- Are You Afraid of the Dark? (an eerie dusty breeze around a late night bonfire) + Marshmalloween (toasted marshmallow). Basically Candy Panda's Marshmallow Fireside type. (Interestingly, they do have a Marshmallow Fireside but I've only ever seen Meet Me in the Woods for sale.) It's slightly more on the fireside part than marshmallow. Throw was medium. Have repurchased.

Rainbow Krispies- fruity pebbles and rice krispies. My favorite scent from Candy Panda. Would always repurchase.

Ginger Fizz Boutique

Royal Rock Candy- I loved the multichrome shimmer and blue mica this had. Medium high throw and fantastic for soy wax. Would repurchase if it was available (it was exclusive to a Cupcake Polish set).

Kitty's Konfections

Concession Stand- cotton candy, caramel apples, and funnel cake. Company is out of business. Shame, because this was nice.


Obscurus

Blind-Worm String- chewy cola gummie lollies. I got a flat Coke scent. That is better than it sounds. Throw was great. Would repurchase.

Super Tarts

City Mall- Orange Julius. Got no throw from this. That's super rare from ST. Would not repurchase.

Tuscany Candle

Candy Corn- I'm pleasantly surprised in that this had more throw than the clamshell I picked up last year. It was still light, however. Might be a good blender. Might repurchase.


Under a Hula Moon

With a Little Melt from My Friends- "sitting around a campfire, roasting marshmallows, sipping warm maple bourbon on a cool night after a day spent pumpkin picking." This is Hella Handmade Creations's wax and bath and body front. I think I should've let it cure for a little bit since it is a soy melt. I mostly got maple Marshmallow Fireside but throw was light. It did last for six hours, though. It was a limited edition and no longer available.

Vintage Chic Scents

Great Pumpkin- pumpkin layer cake cream cheese frosting. Creamy pumpkin scent. Not the highest throw but that was expected. Great for blending. Have repurchased.

Spiced Pumpkin Cookie Monster- spiced pumpkin sugar cookies sugar cookie dough buttercream frosting sugar milk. Throw was light, but it was a newer piece of VCS. It did last for awhile, though, so that's cool. Would repurchase.

Zeep Bath

Pumpkin Queen- pumpkin doughnuts, vanilla marshmallow filling, sugar and spice. These notes melded into a It was low medium throw and lasted forever for me. Would repurchase.

Pumpkin Sugar Cookies- I got pumpkin for sure. No cookie note, however. It was very light. Would not repurchase.

2 comments:

  1. Great review! If I were new to wax and read your review I'd probably never order pumpkin. It tends to be light for me in vendor wax as well, but not so much in retail. I prefer it mutated with other bakery or fruits.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right about pumpkin, now that you say it. It is a pretty light scent. I tend to be more forgiving of lighter scents like vanilla or cake because I know they're seldom scent monsters. I usually use them to blend or dilute scents that are far too strong for my liking.

      Delete