Nov 10, 2018

China Glaze Grinch themed manicure

There's a new Grinch movie out this weekend. There's a lot of tie in merchandise coming out for it, from the obvious stuffed animals to... ancestry testing? Yeah, there's a Grinch themed 23 and Me commercial out. Whut. Naturally, I'm most excited for the nail polish tie in. China Glaze hasn't stolen Christmas but rather gifted lacqueristas everywhere with Grinch themed polish. Earlier this week I wore a mani featuring two of those polishes.




Love those themed caps!
CG could've easily just said that this collection was Grinch themed and did nothing else with it that made one think of The Grinch. However, the color scheme reminds me of The Grinch, the names remind me of The Grinch, and oh, see the caps? Yep, this is a Grinch collection. Did I mention that it's a Grinch collection? Even the mini sizes have the special caps! And that's why China Glaze beats OPI in the mini department (that and CG has the polish names on the mini bottles).


On my ring and pointer fingers is Who Wonder, which is inspired by Cindy Lou Who. It's a "hot pink shimmer" according to China Glaze. That's about right. I think that this is a little dark for little Cindy, but it's still a nice twist for the holidays. I wore two easy coats.


On my remaining fingers is the star of the collection, Grinchworthy. Super fitting! China Glaze calls it a green shimmer but it's more of a gritty microglitter. It's not too unique- I once had a Dollish Polish that was very similar to this. It's still not something you see outside of indies (or Halloween) often. It applied sheer on the first coat but built up to a good enough opacity on the second coat. A second coat of topcoat is recommended.

What is your favorite Christmas special? I always had a special place in my heart for How the Grinch Stole Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment