Nov 28, 2018

Everything I Hauled from November's Polish Pickup

Guess whose Polish Pickup order arrived?


For those that don't know, Polish Pickup is an online shop that opens the first weekend of the month. Indie polish makers come together to make items inspired by a certain theme picked by customers.


This will be a smaller haul. Just three polishes. Shame, because I love this month's theme. Badass Women is one kickass theme. There's always destashes, at least.




First, my first Creative Cuticles. Take Chances, Make Mistakes, Get Messy is a "pinkish purple creme base with the WHOLE rainbow of holo microglitters." This was my "if I can't have everything then please let me have this" polish. It's based on Miss Frizzle from Magic School Bus, who was voiced by the equally badass Lily Tomlin. People know how Ellen Degeneres bravely came out as a lesbian in the 90s, but I don't know how many people know that Lily Tomlin was out as a lesbian in the 70s. Out in the 70s! Also, her wife and her are adorable together. As for the actual polish, yes yes YES! This is based off Miss Frizzle's dress from the rainbow episode, a favorite growing up. Definitely looking forward to wearing this.


Next is the Outlander themed KBShimmer Some Like It Scot. A blue based "multichrome with holo flecks." I swear, whenever I so much as think of Outlander I just want to watch InuYasha all over again. I was an InuYasha nut in my teen years and I get super nostalgic for it to this day. This is based off the main female character, Claire Fraser, who I keep wanting to say is the Kagome of Outlander despite Outlander preceding InuYasha yadda yadda. I don't have many multichromes and this was stunning in the swatch photos. Man I love blue.


Finally, Moonflower Polish's The General is a "bluish gray creme base with red to gold color shifting aurora shimmers and scattered holo." It is inspired by Princess, later General, Leia from Star Wars, as played by Carrie Fisher. Both 100% badass women. I don't usually get too emotional with celebrity deaths but I was genuinely bummed when Carrie Fisher passed. I was really rooting for her to recover. This is both a stamping polish and a regular polish. It'll be lovely either way.

There's one more Polish Pickup left for the year. Its theme is Enchanted Forest! Go to polishpickup.com and make your wishlist!

No comments:

Post a Comment