Jul 26, 2018

My First Enchanted Polishes

Or rather, hauls. One from a destash and two from the latest restock.

Enchanted Polish haul, lightbox
Enchanted Polish is one of those indies where you've heard of them, but they can be quite difficult to obtain. Along with the $16 price tag, their restocks sell out fast and their polishes sell for quite a bit on the resell market. 

Case in point- my very first Enchanted Polish, Marge's Blue Beehive.



The cheapest I've seen the original version of Marge's Blue Beehive go for on the resale market is $75. And yes, it sold for that much. I figured that I was shit out of luck until I discovered that Enchanted released a retro version of it for 2018. Unfortunately, I missed the restock for that as well. I managed to get this in a destash for $25. Still steep (it's one of the highest prices I've ever paid for a polish), but not as bad as it could be.

Enchanted Polish Marge's Blue Beehive, brush shot

Enchanted Polish Marge's Blue Beehive, artificial light

Marge's Blue Beehive is a blue holo the color of Marge's signature hairdo. I used two coats plus top coat for this swatch, but it was nearly a one coater. I can picture a lot of pretty blue manis with this.

My next two polishes are from my first actual order from Enchanted. Enchanted recently released a new collection of opalescent shades called "Somewhere Opal the Rainbow." The shade range is in a ROYGBIV scheme plus pink and gold, so I instantly had my eye on them. I visited the site seven minutes into the latest restock and almost every single shade was sold out except for two. Fine with me, because I could only afford two at the time anyway. A couple minutes later both were sold out as well.

Enchanted Polish Organic Opals, brush shot
Enchanted Polish Organic Opals, artificial light
The first polish is Organic Opals, a green with iridescent glitters and holo. It's an ugly-pretty sort of green. I needed two coats. Definitely let this one dry completely in between coats as it got a little thick and gloopy both when I did the second coat and added topcoat a little too soon.

Enchanted Polish Opals and Jelly Shoes, brush shot

Enchanted Polish Opals and Jelly Shoes, artificial light

The second and final Somewhere Opal the Rainbow polish I bought was Opals and Jelly Shoes, a purple with iridescent glitters and holo. This one required three coats, but that was only because I didn't wait between coats, causing my polish to pull away and dent. I'm sure that if I waited then I'd only need two.

Human error aside on the Opal polishes, I really enjoy these polishes. $16 is steep for me but the polishes are gorgeous. I haven't seen anything like the Opal shades before either. I'd love to have more Enchanted polishes in my collection.

You can purchase Enchanted Polish on their website.

No comments:

Post a Comment