Oct 4, 2018

Everything I Hauled from September's Polish Pickup

Greetings, y'all! I'm here with my latest haul from Polish Pickup!


If you're new to Polish Pickup, it is an online store set up during the first weekend of the month where a bunch of polish makers come together and make exclusive polishes modeled after a common theme. September 2018's theme was horror movies. I don't consider myself a die hard horror fan but I do enjoy them. Especially psychological and werewolf flicks. I get full moon fever whenever I see werewolf related stuff.





First up is Colores de Carol Don't Look Behind You! A "clear to black thermal polish with Aurora shimmer (red/gold), black, and iridiescent opal glitter." Inspired by Nosferatu, I can't wait to layer this over different colors!


Then there's Femme Fatale Arborville. It is a "a dark eggplant base with a wine-purple glow, scattered holographic particles and glitters, with red-green shifting chrome flakes." This was inspired by the 80s version of The Blob, which terrified both younger and older me. One of the few movies that gave me nightmares! It is perfect for a cool fall day as you're watching horror movies that scare the bejesus out of you. (Such as the 80s version of The Blob.)


Moonflower Polish Don't Read the Latin! is a "a greige creme stamping polish with a silvery shimmer, blue-gold microflakes red-green aurora pigment, and red-gold aurora pigment." This stamping polish is influenced by The Cabin in the Woods. Unfortunately for me, my sister minored in Latin so she'd totally read it if I was in that situation. It's a more unique looking polish in my collection. I'd love to stamp bones with it!


Nvr Enuff RAGE is a "linear holo muted pink/red/gold chrome with a splash of orange/red/yellow shifting flakes." 28 Days Later inspired. It is certainly muted. So muted that it looks overall off white to me. It's ethereal looking. I love wearing these sort of delicate looking polishes in winter.


Sayuri I Was Perfect is a "cold, grey holographic polish with a pink glow and platinum silver flakes." Modeled after Black Swan, of which I happened to be the only one out of my family to like. I don't know why. Guess I really resonated with Nina when I watched it? This will be wonderful for late fall/winter.


Supermoon Lacquer Sliced and Diced is a "black holographic base filled with blue-to-red chameleon pigment, indigo-to-red color shifting aurora color shifting shimmer, blue shimmer, red and silver/white sparks, red microflakies, silver holographic microflakies, platinum silver microflakies, holographic black, red, and silver microglitter, and metallic red microglitter." The Scream franchise influenced Mardi to craft this dark polish. Fun fact: Scream 2 was partially filmed in my alma mater. Whenever I mention my school horror nerds always reply "oh, like Scream 2?" It'll be perfect for this month. Given how well Supermoon Lacquers tend to stamp I'm sure this one will work as well.



Last item is not a polish, but a scrub! Stella Chroma Glazed Doughnut emulsified sugar scrub, to be precise. The scent was selected because of  a British horror movie called To the Devil a Doughnut. I know that it's completely different, but I can't help but think of that Treehouse of Horror short where Homer sells his soul for a doughnut. ("Must... not eat... forbidden doughnut...") I'm a huge fan of doughnut scented items (especially apple cider donuts!) and I love sugar scrubs for not just rough areas on my body but also on my hands. It indeed smells scrumptious. This is my first time trying Stella Chroma's version.

Another great PPU month. The next presale, themed after villains, is runs from tomorrow at 11 AM EST to the following Monday 11:59 PM EST. Have your wishlists ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment